"... we are always harking back to some occasion which seemed to us to reach perfection, setting that up as a norm, and depreciating all other occasions by comparison. But these other occasions, I now suspect, are often full of their own new blessing, if only we would lay ourselves open to it. " (C. S. Lewis)



Sunday, May 9, 2010

I had a wonderful Mother's Day.

It was a sunny day.
My hubby made a yummy lunch, and we headed outside.

We didn't do anything extraordinary.
We didn't go anywhere.
We didn't spend any money.

We spent the day together, my family and me.

They puttered and played and did boy stuff.
I spent the whole day in this chair.

I read, I napped, I sunggled.
I read some more, and I napped some more.

The later it got, the chillier it got. My oldest built a fire. We huddled close to warm our toes and faces.

We roasted marshmellows and pudgy pies and hot dogs.

We lingered around the fire as long as possible, until the first one had to go in for a bath. They all filtered inside one-by-one.

Hubby said, "Why don't you stay out and enjoy the fire." (I love that man.) So I did.

It was quiet, peaceful - the perfect ending to a perfect day.

I hope your Mother's Day was special!

No comments:

Post a Comment