"... we are always harking back to some occasion which seemed to us to reach perfection, setting that up as a norm, and depreciating all other occasions by comparison. But these other occasions, I now suspect, are often full of their own new blessing, if only we would lay ourselves open to it. " (C. S. Lewis)



Friday, May 7, 2010

~ Come and Sit a Spell

One of the things that I noticed everywhere I went in Door County were the bright colorful chairs. They were everywhere. It was as if they were saying, "Come on, ya'll. Sit, have a glass of iced tea and stay for a spell."
Of course, they would have said "you guys" and they would have offered apple cider, but you get the point.
They were colorful, and everytime I'd see another set of them, I would just smile. I couldn't help it. They made me happy.
I definitely think they may be just what my yard needs. I like the thought of people smiling when they drive by.
Who knows - maybe someone would stop and sit a spell.


No comments:

Post a Comment