"... we are always harking back to some occasion which seemed to us to reach perfection, setting that up as a norm, and depreciating all other occasions by comparison. But these other occasions, I now suspect, are often full of their own new blessing, if only we would lay ourselves open to it. " (C. S. Lewis)



Sunday, February 21, 2010

Let the Little Children Come To Me

One of my boys got baptized at church today.
(Daddy got to do the honors!)

Here's his faith story for all you grandparents, aunts and uncles who couldn't be there.
(Sorry about the poor photo. I'll post better ones when I get them.)


My name is Aidan, and I am 8 years old. Before I decided to follow Jesus, I was sad because I had not met Him, and I knew I would not be happy without Him. During church one Sunday, I wrote a prayer saying that I want to follow Jesus my whole life, and then I showed it to my mom. I believe that Jesus died on the cross to forgive my sins. I prayed in my heart.

My life is happy now because He forgave me. He will not leave my heart. I read the Bible a lot now. So far, I have read the books of John and Philippians and I am reading Matthew now. I like to read it because it teaches me about God. I want to follow what the Bible teaches me so I can be more like Jesus.

We are so proud of Aidan. He is growing into such a fine young man. He reads his Bible almost every night and is quick to remind us if we don't say our prayers. He is very perceptive about spiritual things, diligent to always give his best, compassionate toward others and always strives to do the right thing. His teachers give outstanding reports concerning his academics and his behavior. He is a delight, and we are constantly reminded what a gift he is to us.
We love you, Aidan!

No comments:

Post a Comment