"... we are always harking back to some occasion which seemed to us to reach perfection, setting that up as a norm, and depreciating all other occasions by comparison. But these other occasions, I now suspect, are often full of their own new blessing, if only we would lay ourselves open to it. " (C. S. Lewis)



Monday, February 22, 2010

Basketball Lullaby

This morning, before I even had time to shake off the night, I heard the sound of the basketball hitting my wood floor. Someone was anxious about his double header tonight and was practicing his dribbling.

After school, I spotted him in the kitchen practicing keeping his foot planted as he pivoted on one foot with his ball in his hand.

Tonight, I watched him score his first basket - ever! The smile on his face was priceless. He got a taste of success, and I think he liked it. It was a nice way for this mom to end the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment