"... we are always harking back to some occasion which seemed to us to reach perfection, setting that up as a norm, and depreciating all other occasions by comparison. But these other occasions, I now suspect, are often full of their own new blessing, if only we would lay ourselves open to it. " (C. S. Lewis)



Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Beauty Everywhere

I woke this morning to a fresh blanket of snow.


I found myself longing for spring,
for life,
for warmth,
for beauty.
I took a drive.
I needed a remedy for the winter blues,
the gray skies,
the bleak mood that creeps over me this time each year.
I think I found it...
beauty everywhere...

I console myself...

spring always comes...

birds will sing again...

everything will be new again...



In the meantime, I will breathe deeply,
wait patiently,
and learn what this season wants to teach me.
There is beauty in the "grayness",
joy in the "bleakness",
peace in the stillness.
Linked to Tuesdays Unwrapped at

2 comments:

  1. love these shots. Thank you for sharing your "peace in the stillness"

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely blog you have! It truly sings of thankfulness. I love the quote from Lewis at your header. May God continue to bless you with eyes that see His grace in each moment.

    ReplyDelete