"... we are always harking back to some occasion which seemed to us to reach perfection, setting that up as a norm, and depreciating all other occasions by comparison. But these other occasions, I now suspect, are often full of their own new blessing, if only we would lay ourselves open to it. " (C. S. Lewis)



Saturday, January 30, 2010

It's Chilly

My hubby and oldest son left yesterday for a weekend retreat up north called "Snow Blast". I crawled out of bed this morning, checked the weather, and it said it was 3 degrees outside. I wondered if my boys were freezing to death!

Ken called later in the morning to let me know they arrived ok last night. He was chaperoning a cabin with 9th grade boys. Sometime in the wee hours of morning, he realized four boys were missing. Going out to find them meant getting dressed for 3 degree weather. He eventually found them in the boys restroom where they had met up with some other boys and were planning their evening.

The rest of the boys and I are staying home and trying to stay warm. I am so ready for warm weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment