"... we are always harking back to some occasion which seemed to us to reach perfection, setting that up as a norm, and depreciating all other occasions by comparison. But these other occasions, I now suspect, are often full of their own new blessing, if only we would lay ourselves open to it. " (C. S. Lewis)



Friday, October 2, 2009

Pretty Little Things

I am a firm believer that something that is functional doesn't have to be boring. I like to surround myself with pretty things. I think they make even the most mundane tasks enjoyable. They inspire me.
For instance, if I had these scissors, I would probably never stop sewing...
You can buy them at www.onehundredwishes.com/sewpretty.html.


...and wouldn't laundry be so much more fun if you could do it here. I mean, check out those jars! (I don't even need the room. The jars would be just fine!)

Picture at http://www.hamptondesign.com/

Here are some little pretties I made myself to make laundry just a little more fun. (They'd be gorgeous in those jars!)