"... we are always harking back to some occasion which seemed to us to reach perfection, setting that up as a norm, and depreciating all other occasions by comparison. But these other occasions, I now suspect, are often full of their own new blessing, if only we would lay ourselves open to it. " (C. S. Lewis)



Thursday, April 8, 2010

~ Washed Clean

I had a little talk with the Lord this morning.
I reminded Him that it was April.
For a brief moment, I wondered if He forgot.

We were caught a little off guard.



In the night, it seems He had decided to spread that soft white blanket once again.



The boys scrambled to find snow pants and boots, hats and mittens that had been shoved away in favor of jackets and flip flops.



I was a little confused!

I mean, what good could possibly come from this set back?


So I did what I always do when I can't make sense of things or I'm just a little miffed.
I went for a drive.

It seems I wasn't the only one perplexed.




All I could think about was how, just four days ago, I was in Tennessee where it was really spring, where God had used every color imaginable to display His artistry.

Why do we only get white?




And then as I was driving, a blue bird flew in front of me. I've never seen a bluebird up north, and I almost went in the ditch. It was the most vivid shade of blue. If you've never seen a bluebird against the backdrop of a snowy day, you can't really appreciate the depth of it's color.

As I thought about the snow and the blinding whiteness all around me, I thought about Easter. We just came through a weekend of remembering -

His sacrifice

His hands and feet nailed

His side pierced

His blood trickling, spilling, flowing

down the cross,

puddling on the ground,

covering us,

covering our sins

past, present and future.

And in that moment when He breathed His last breath, He made a way for us to be cleansed,

to be seen as pure,

to be washed white as snow.


Perhaps the white today is to remind me:

~ how brilliant life can be when you view it against the backdrop of God's grace,

~ how you can see life in a vibrant, new way once you know you are forgiven,

~ how stunning His plans are when you find your purpose in Him,

~ how alive you really are when you have died to self

~ how colorful your days can be when you are washed white as snow!

"Though your sins are like scarlet,
they shall be as white as snow."
Isaiah 1:18

Walk with Him today with Ann @ Holy Experience.

holy experience

3 comments:

  1. beautiful pictutres, beautiful thoughts, beautiful post :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The analogy of the blue bird against the white and a life against the backdrop of God's grace was amazing. Beautiful post. Beautiful boys. Thank you. Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. How wonderful to be reminded that we are washed clean with your own blanket of snow!

    ReplyDelete