"... we are always harking back to some occasion which seemed to us to reach perfection, setting that up as a norm, and depreciating all other occasions by comparison. But these other occasions, I now suspect, are often full of their own new blessing, if only we would lay ourselves open to it. " (C. S. Lewis)



Sunday, April 18, 2010

~ Little Blessed Me

Warning:
If you don't particularly like looking at other people's children, feel free to skip this post, 'cause my baby turned two today and mama needs to do a little reminiscing.

He's two years old today.
His name is Bennett.

It means "Little Blessed One".


I think I am the one who is blessed.


He says "Mama hold you" when he wants to be held.

He lays his head on my shoulder when he's tired and says, "Sing Moon".

He rubs his hand through my hair while I sing to him.

He takes my face in his hands and says, "Look at me, Mom."

He wants to go everywhere with me, including the bathroom.

He lets me kiss his boo-boo's.

He asks, "What's wrong mom?"

He tells me my shoes are pretty.


He's got his daddy's eyes!

What more could a mom want!

I love you, Bennett!

Happy Birthday!

3 comments:

  1. Carrie @ comfortedbyGod.blogspot.com

    I stumbled upon your blog--love your sweet birthday pictures! The one of you and your newborn son beside the tree reminds me of a similar picture of me and my baby boy. You have a precious family. We both have a lot to be thankful for, dont we? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful reflections on your sweet baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet! He is so cute!
    Chrissy

    ReplyDelete