"... we are always harking back to some occasion which seemed to us to reach perfection, setting that up as a norm, and depreciating all other occasions by comparison. But these other occasions, I now suspect, are often full of their own new blessing, if only we would lay ourselves open to it. " (C. S. Lewis)



Sunday, September 13, 2009

I'm a Genius

Now that school has started, it is just Bennett and me at home all day. This past week was only the second week of school so the two of us took a few days getting used to each other again. We haven't fallen into a schedule yet, and there were moments when he found himself bored, and I found myself frustrated. Last year it was so easy. He was so little, and he slept alot. Now, he's a talking, energetic little guy who needs a bit more entertaining. Not so easy when the attention span is like 4 1/2 minutes at best!

In one of those moments just before I was about to pull out my hair, I spotted a bag of clothespins I had bought recently for a little project I'm thinking about doing. I thought to myself, "Why not? My other boys thought dried beans were great when they were little! He's too little for that. Why couldn't clothespins be just as fun?" So in a moment of desperation (forgetting that clothespins do break and little springs could find their way into the mouth), I grabbed this...

$3 bag of clothespins from Walmart

and this...


22 year ol' tupperware lettuce keeper (wedding present)

and this is what happenend!

40 minutes of sheer fun!


Thank you God for the little moment of clarity and the 40 minutes of peace & productivity!