"... we are always harking back to some occasion which seemed to us to reach perfection, setting that up as a norm, and depreciating all other occasions by comparison. But these other occasions, I now suspect, are often full of their own new blessing, if only we would lay ourselves open to it. " (C. S. Lewis)



Wednesday, November 17, 2010

~ A Brief Getaway

In less than 36 hours, I'm headed out of town with my gals.

We usually head up to the Northwoods for a girls' weekend once a year.

This year, we're doing things a little differently.

We're celebrating one of us turning 50. (It shall forever remain a secret - but it's not me!)

I'm leaving all the boys behind to fend for themselves.

If they need me, I'll be here.



I'll be relaxing here,

Or swimming here (yes, it's heated year round),

Or daydreaming here.

I might be here with my book,
Or here taking a nap.
And I'll definitely be eating this (not just your run-of-the-mill continental breakfast)!
The last time I was here,

I was with this man.
(We celebrated our 20th anniversary here and didn't know we were pregnant at the time.)

Sorry you can't come along this time, babe, but thanks for sacrificing so I can go again.

It's a brief get-a-way -

Just 24 hours!

But when I come home, I will be a new woman.
(Okay, maybe not new - just rested!)

This time, it's all about the birthday girl!

And since my birthday happens to be next week, I'm just pretending it's all about me!

No comments:

Post a Comment