"... we are always harking back to some occasion which seemed to us to reach perfection, setting that up as a norm, and depreciating all other occasions by comparison. But these other occasions, I now suspect, are often full of their own new blessing, if only we would lay ourselves open to it. " (C. S. Lewis)



Thursday, November 25, 2010

~ With a Thankful Heart

Today, I am grateful for...

...waking up to a nine-year old's birthday wishes

...lingering in bed with a hot cappucino

...a husband who stopped home mid-day yesterday with French pastries

...an almost teenager who's not too big to crawl up in my lap and let me run my fingers through his black silky hair like I did when he was a baby

...a little voice saying, "You wanna watch it with me?"

...the beautiful sound of little fingers on the keys practicing Christmas songs

...a two-year-old who only wants to wear his shirts backwards and inside out with the tag in the front


...a husband who cooks better than I do

...a weekend to rest from schooling these boys

...wiping a green, goopy nose (two years ago there was no nose so now I wipe it happily)

...a long call home

...snowflakes on my birthday

...a mom and dad who teach me everyday about loyalty and respect


...a warm house on a blustery cold day

...not having to cook the turkey this year

...friends that feel like family

...sweet birthday words from my mama (who gets me like nobody else)

...a pantry ready to begin holiday traditions

... a hubby who risks life and limb taking children out to play football on Thanksgiving morning in 36 degree weather

...my Savior

...having more than we need (always more than we need!)

No comments:

Post a Comment