"... we are always harking back to some occasion which seemed to us to reach perfection, setting that up as a norm, and depreciating all other occasions by comparison. But these other occasions, I now suspect, are often full of their own new blessing, if only we would lay ourselves open to it. " (C. S. Lewis)



Thursday, March 4, 2010

Gray Skies Are Gonna Clear Up...

The sun is smiling today and so am I.

I'm puttin' on a happy face because...

...my oldest son won first place in a math contest at school and placed second in his whole grade (only to have the prize of 1st snatched from his hands by his best friend).

...when my two-year-old gets excited he screams, "Yes, sir," really loud. It's pretty cute!

...the fields were sparkling this morning. (I wish I could do it justice.)

...at parent/teacher conferences this week, Ellis' teacher said she wished she had 22 students just like him, and Aidan's teacher said she could put him anywhere in the room and know he wouldn't get in trouble.

...we'll all be home for dinner tonight.

...this pink nose jumped out at me against the white snow. I'm pretty sure she smiled back. She was just friendly like that.

...my husband is so goofy sometimes I have a hard time seeing him as a professional, but somehow he pulls it off. He makes me laugh!

...we now have a built-in babysitter!

...it won't be long 'til we can all shed these coats!

...even though it's still winter here in the midwest, the skies are blue instead of gray today, and I can feel the sun's warmth on my face. I love that!


What put a smile on your face today?

1 comment:

  1. I love your list of happy things, as well as the beautiful pictures that go with them!

    I'm smiling today because of a teenage son who plays songs he knows I like when we're in the car, because of a daughter who cheerfully helped her younger sister find her shoes without being asked, because of a daughter's telling me, "I love you. I'm so glad you're my Mommy."

    God is so good!

    ReplyDelete