"... we are always harking back to some occasion which seemed to us to reach perfection, setting that up as a norm, and depreciating all other occasions by comparison. But these other occasions, I now suspect, are often full of their own new blessing, if only we would lay ourselves open to it. " (C. S. Lewis)



Tuesday, December 22, 2009

We Survived the Mall


We took the kids to our favorite mall to see Santa like we do every year. We've seen him every year since Josiah's first Christmas. I wonder if he remembers the boys from year to year. (I mean, who could forget their sweet faces?) We helped the boys get their shopping done for each other. I never realized I'd have to teach my boys to shop. I thought it would just come naturally. It does for me!!!

A friend heard we were headed to the mall with the boys and said, "Are you out of your minds?" I'm sure at the time we were, but tradition is tradition, and I'm a stickler when it comes to traditions. All in all, we had a great time despite the crowds.

My favorite moment from the night was when the Santa photo was done. Aidan was crawling down from his spot to leave and he stopped to give Santa a hug - melted my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment