"... we are always harking back to some occasion which seemed to us to reach perfection, setting that up as a norm, and depreciating all other occasions by comparison. But these other occasions, I now suspect, are often full of their own new blessing, if only we would lay ourselves open to it. " (C. S. Lewis)



Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Muffins & Mischief

Yesterday morning I woke up to the most adorable sight in my kitchen. My hubby was making chocolate chip muffins for breakfast with the kids. (It's o.k. to serve chocolate for breakfast if you call it a muffin, right?) He had Bennett up on the counter and the twins were huddled around him, standing on my dining room chairs so they could see. They were all thrilled just to have Daddy's undivided attention. That's how my day started.





My day ended much the same way, with the boys enjoying their daddy. Right before bed, all the boys piled on top of Ken on my couch. They were snuggling, and each was trying to claim his rightful little spot of room when all of a sudden my husband said to Aidan, "Hey buddy, it looks like you have a hole in your underwear. Let me take a look." The moment he said it, I saw the twinkle in his eye, and I knew he was up to no good. Sure enough, right by the waistband we all saw a small tear, and before we knew it, Ken had ripped the underwear right off Aidan's body. Needless to say, the boys thought that was hysterical. They fell off the couch in stitches and I was pretty sure someone was going to wet their pants. Grateful that that did not occur, we sent the boys off to bed and gave one last giggle as one of them climbed the steps with a naked bottom peaking out from under his shirt!


It's no wonder the boys love their daddy so much. He makes life funny and fun and tasty. Here are a few more reasons why we think he's so great!
He comes up with great ideas!
He gives up his own fun so the boys can have fun.
(Secretly, he's dying to cast his own rod.)

He's just plain goofy!