"... we are always harking back to some occasion which seemed to us to reach perfection, setting that up as a norm, and depreciating all other occasions by comparison. But these other occasions, I now suspect, are often full of their own new blessing, if only we would lay ourselves open to it. " (C. S. Lewis)



Saturday, May 21, 2011

~ When Your Arms Are Overflowing

"I opened the window to let the fresh air in



And continued to work away the day,



Painting walls and filling shelves just so,


Until the wind blew and took my breath away.


The lilacs seemed to dance across the room



Reminding me of sweeter things to come...


Empty arms and aching heart no more...


When will this child I've longed for come home?"



I remember standing in an empty nursery in the spring of 1998 after 11 years of infertility wondering when God would answer our prayers.

One month later, on June 24, 1998, my first child arrived .


And they just kept coming!


"He gives the barren woman healing. She'll dance with joy like the mother of children." ~ from There's No One Like Our God


Pictures taken Mother's Day 2011. Lyrics are from a song called "Carried Away on a Breeze".

1 comment:

  1. Simply beautiful!! Praise God for your precious gifts!

    ReplyDelete