"... we are always harking back to some occasion which seemed to us to reach perfection, setting that up as a norm, and depreciating all other occasions by comparison. But these other occasions, I now suspect, are often full of their own new blessing, if only we would lay ourselves open to it. " (C. S. Lewis)



Friday, May 27, 2011

~ A Great Way To End a School Year

I started the school year with a bit of trepidation, this first year of schooling at home.

Would I remember how to teach?

It had been 22 years since I ran my own classroom.

Would my children cooperate and see and respect me as their teacher?

Would they beg to go back to their respective schools?

I knew God had called us to this. I knew He would carry us through it.

After a year of great Bible discussions, rich literature, learning a new language and beginning music training, not to mention the essentials of a great education, I have to say it feels more like starting a new life than just teaching school.

And when they say to me, "Mom, we are homeschooling again next year, right?", I breathe a deep sigh of relief, and I offer whispered prayers of gratitude for this extreme priviledge of getting to watch them become all that He wants them to be!

To celebrate the boys' hard work, we spent the last day of school at the Milwaukee Public Museum with another homeschooling family (friends of ours). We went specifically to see the butterflies as we had just ended our year studying butterflies.

It was a great ending to a great year!

















No comments:

Post a Comment