"... we are always harking back to some occasion which seemed to us to reach perfection, setting that up as a norm, and depreciating all other occasions by comparison. But these other occasions, I now suspect, are often full of their own new blessing, if only we would lay ourselves open to it. " (C. S. Lewis)



Tuesday, January 4, 2011

~ We're Still Celebrating

We still have our tree up.


The twelve days of Christmas seemed to fly by this year.

Actually, the whole season was over before I was ready to say goodbye.

So I've declared Christmas not quite over in our house until I have a moment to enjoy it.

In the meantime, here's a look at our 2010 Christmas season...


- Eight inches of snow (just to put us in the mood)


- One night of baking

- Two strange rashes, three fevers and one case of strep throat


- One beautiful Christmas Eve with church family and friends


- Four happy boys on Christmas morning


-12 hours with four kids in a Yukon (both directions)

- Six nights in strange beds

Bennett and Aidan asleep in the hotel in my hometown

This is the guest house where we stayed in Nashville.

The moment this one goes up for sale, I'm packing up my family and taking them with me! (Just kidding!)

- A tender Tennessee Christmas with too many family and friends to count

Lots of cousins

Beautiful nieces

My brother (left) with his wife and friends

My Brother and Dad

The matriarch of my family and the one we hold responsible for all the chaos - 94 this year!

Beautiful sisters-in-law

Ken's brother and nephew

Siblings

Crazy People

Niece and her adorable red head

Grammy and her youngest great-grandchild

- And one family still celebrating the gifts of family, friendship and forgiveness this Christmas Season

It's all because of Jesus!


1 comment: