"... we are always harking back to some occasion which seemed to us to reach perfection, setting that up as a norm, and depreciating all other occasions by comparison. But these other occasions, I now suspect, are often full of their own new blessing, if only we would lay ourselves open to it. " (C. S. Lewis)



Sunday, January 23, 2011

~ Southern at Heart - Cheesehead on Sundays

Today was the big game

Green Bay Packers vs. Chicago Bears


We may or may not have worn green and gold to church along with the rest of our fine congregation this morning.
(not - sorry, we don't own any!)

We may or may not have participated in the following prayer at some point this weekend.
(It's not something I'm proud of.)

The Cheesehead Prayer
Now I lay me down to bed
A wedge of cheese upon my head
Allegiance to the Packers I promise to keep
and cheer them on while I'm asleep.
If I should die, don't let me wonder,
Just bury me neath the frozen tundra.
But, Lord, before you take my soul,
Let me see the Pack in one more Super Bowl.
Forgive me Lord, for those I hated,
The Lions and Vikings, they're overrated.
The streets of heaven, so I've been told,
Are paved for us in green and gold.
If I get to heaven I'll have only one wish,
A big screen TV with a satellite dish.
I pray for this Lord, for only one reason,
to cheer on my Pack to a winning season.
I'll close this prayer by thanking you Lord,
for listening to me and the time you afford.
But one more thing......please remember the Bears,
Because that's a team that hasn't a prayer!!!

(Sorry - Couldn't resist!)

We may or may not have jumped on the cheese bandwagon.

(There actually was cheese involved. It just wasn't the foam kind you wear on your head; although, we are not above that type of thing. We just prefer the salty kind that squeaks between your teeth.)

(God brought us to WI. Cheese curds are why we stay!)

I may or may not have taken a brief nap in the middle of the game.
(OK, I admit that I did, but I didn't fall asleep until after our first two touchdowns, and I woke in time for the fantastic ending!)


We may or may not have done some victory dancing!
(Actually, it was just the boys hangin' on to Daddy's legs while he stomped around. Bennett screamed, "Hey guys, wait for me!" Ken's been taking ibuprofen ever since.)


(Thankfully, there is a crop feature on my editing software. The more they danced, the lower dad's pants fell! We got a good giggle out of it!)


We may or may not have paused throughout the evening to chant, "We're going to the superbowl! We're going to the superbowl!"


We may or may not already have plans for Sunday night, February 6th at 5:00 p.m.

(We may even buy some green and gold for the occasion!)

"We're goin' to the Super Bowl! We're goin' to the Super Bowl!
We're goin' to the Super Bowl! We're goin' to the Super Bowl!"

No comments:

Post a Comment