"... we are always harking back to some occasion which seemed to us to reach perfection, setting that up as a norm, and depreciating all other occasions by comparison. But these other occasions, I now suspect, are often full of their own new blessing, if only we would lay ourselves open to it. " (C. S. Lewis)



Monday, July 18, 2011

~ Always a Soccer Summer

He starts the season with, "Mom, I can't wait 'til soccer practice starts. I love soccer!"

He leaves his first practice dead tired. The coach has worked him to the bones.

He tells me some of the other kids complain about how hard they had to work. He says he knows the coach is just trying to get them in shape.

We're on our way to the field for a game. It's in the 90's and he's brought two water bottles, just in case.

I express my concern that he stay hydrated.

He responds at the top of his lungs, "I love to run!"

CRAZY KID!

I hope he always works this hard and has this kind of passion for whatever he does!


No comments:

Post a Comment